Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Demon Door

25392871
I received this as an e-book from https://www.netgalley.com/ in exchange for an honest review.
The release date for this book is June 16, 2015. Visit Goodreads.com for other reviews on this book.

The book cover is very appealing. The cover is something that drew me into the book right away. The book itself was a difficult read just because of the time differences. What I mean is that time passes differently in both worlds and it confused me at first. Also, I felt that the characters could have used much more explanation, mainly Blue and Princess Hellne. I felt that more explanation of their relationship would have been great for the story. But, overall I enjoyed the book. I felt that it was a quick read because I wanted to know more and more about what was going on. The author definitely made me love the characters in a way that I was genuinely concerned about them throughout the book. I wouldn't say this book is necessarily new adult but it is borderline young adult and new adult due to the sex scenes. Be prepared!! Anyways, I very much liked the story as a whole but I would have liked to know a lot more about the first two characters I mentioned. If I explain much more i'll give away a lot of spoilers and I would like to avoid that in this review. Honestly, I would definitely push through this book! There were some parts where I was very lazily reading but that was the only reason I gave it 4 stars vs. 5 stars.  I'm very glad I finished this book because the ending was very good! So get excited for that!! Where is the next book?!?!?! I need it now!!! Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment